What do real estate closings have to do with international cyberwar? It turns out they are indeed linked, as the residents of Baltimore trying to buy or sell their homes in recent months have discovered.
About Gary Landau
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Gary Landau contributed a whooping 67 entries.
Entries by Gary Landau
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recently posted an article on mortgages for homebuyers, especially people buying for the first time. I thought the article and the links inserted (including a useful checklist linked at the end) offer good food for thought. Here is a reprint of the article, which you can find at consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/year-you-buy-first-home/
In Florida, as in many other states, you can begin a probate for a deceased relative or friend as soon as the person passes away. Often, there are sound reasons for starting the probate as soon as several days or weeks. But sometimes, it is smarter to wait. Starting early means the estate can begin […]
Lately, the national news has been filled with people who are discovering that the new tax law has them paying more to Uncle Sam than they previously had to pay. As we enter the height of tax season, many of us here in Florida are not among those people, due to our relatively low property […]
You have finally reached a deal to buy or sell your home, and you’re eager to get to closing. Then your attorney/closing agent tells you that will happen in approximately one month. Why, you wonder, does it take so long?
The Law Office of Gary M. Landau, P.A.
Our latest blogs
- This Holiday, Give Thanks to Your Parents If They Have Taken Care of Their Affairs
- Why an Attorney Should Always Look at Your Florida Real Estate Contract
- What to Do—And Not Do—When You Get an Inheritance
- More South Florida Condo Buyers May Be Able to Get FHA Loans
- Previously Married With Kids? Make Sure You’re Leaving Your Home to Those You Intend
- Could a Cyberattack Cripple Real Estate Closings in South Florida?